Saturday, November 18, 2006

Physics and Piety???!!!

Hmm....you know what the name 'Sujatha' means?? It means 'beauty' or 'beyond grasp - as in transcendent'. My Physics lecturer goes by that name. She is indeed 'beyond grasp'.....we have to listen with atmost concentration to grasp what she says and does. And this was what she did in class on Friday - no.....I would better start from Thursday....Our class was boisterous when she entered. That made her already ever-bad mood worse, if that is possible. She said that we would 'get first prize for talking'. Friday was a dead ringer of Thursday. Only this time she asked us "What did I 'SAY' you yesterday? I 'said' you that you will come first in......" The guys shouted " Mam....placements", "Mam....studies"etc....etc...And she gave us a baleful stare. She turned to the board looking foreboding. She had to vent her spleen on someone, din't she?? So, she faced us again, searched our faces and decided on a boy...." last benchla corner paiyan.....neendhan.... chandana pottu azhaga....ezhundhurupa." Every person in class had tears in their eyes due to supressed laughter. He got up and she continued, " Naa en nethiyila Kunkumam vekkaraen theriyuma??" (Now.....how did he propose to answer that??!!!!!!!) So, he just stood and blinked. "Because I am married!!" (What were we supposed to do with that piece of info.??!!)

" Nee en chandanam vechurukkanu naan sollatumma?? Because you want to hide your true self from others. You want to project yourself as a very good and calm boy. But you cant fool ME.
Enakku ungala pathi nallave theriyum. Indha Veebudhi, chandanam ellam verum show." (I touched my forehead at once to check if Veebudhi was still there...and my friend informed me that it was gone. We looked at each other carefully and burst out into silent giggles) The boy looked very pitiful and atlast she asked him to sit. All of us heaved a collective sigh of relief as the period ended. And the whole class burst out laughing as she went out.

P.S:

I am generally not in the habit of insulting teachers. But then, if I am going to have such teachers then I dont think that I can help myself.

3 comments:

Nithya said...

*Phew*..finally !!!

Nithya said...

well this totally blog page looks funky now :P

Ryan said...

At last uve kicked off.....enna erratic blogging a???....yeah u shud comment on teachers once in a while....u want stories of mine ask!!!..